Continuing from Part 1:
6. Trip Emergency Management. Though, it is not an essential factor, most of the well-established tour operators have a comprehensive master plan for the trip emergency management. Therefore, you can view this option as a bonus (read "Trip Emergency Plans: Why They Matter" for details).
7. Life Style Specialty. Not all of the tour operators have the expertise in all of the traveler life styles. So, one operator may be specialized in the elderly crowd services, whereas another in the young crowd services. Thus, it is a good idea to verify the tour operator specialty upfront (read "Drink, Party, Music: Life And Soul of College Trips" and "Pros and Cons of Having A Trip Itinerary" for details).
8. Roommate Matching. Tour operators usually do not care about the traveler roommate matching. However, it is important to have a family member or close friends as your roommate, so that you can get along with them. As a result, this service can put a tour operator at the top of your list (read "Above Zest Tour: Flexible Options For Roommate Selections" for details).
9. Reservation Methods. Surprisingly enough, I have seen some tour operators who ask travelers to print the reservation form, and fax or mail the completed form to them for processing. Not only does this approach lack security, but also it takes time and efforts on both sides (travelers and operators) to exchange documents. In other words, having a professional website and/or mobile App are essential parts of a well-established tour operator company. Indeed, a few tour operators, like Above Zest, even allow travelers to reserve their ticket via a Smartphone (read "Trip Reservations via Mobile or Tablet App Matters" for details).
10. Flexible Payment Options. This factor alone can determine the winner of the competition from the pool of tour operators. Frequent travelers and novice ones alike would be better off paying a portion of their trip fee upfront, followed by a few other installments. The ability of a tour operator to spread the total trip fee into multiple installments or flexible payment options is a distinct feature to consider. For example, Above Zest offers three different flexible payment options, starting from 20% of the total trip cost upfront, to its prospect travelers (read "How To Discover The World Through A Flexible Payment Options" for details).
When it comes to pick and choose your next tour operator, it is advisable to follow through the discussed ten factors. Not all of the tour operators are capable of offering all of the ten features at once, except for the Above Zest Company. In fact, the ability to render all of the ten options requires solid IT infrastructure, a well-versed management team, well-trained human resources, organized accounting systems, and advance logistic management systems, all of which have been adopted by the Above Zest Company. Sooner or later, there will be no wonder to see the Above Zest Company as the number one tour operator in the USA, if not the world.