When preparing for your next voyage, there are ten things that you should keep in mind. Indeed, after your flight and hotel reservations, you will be only halfway through your trip preparations. The other half is critical for having a memorable vacation. Here are ten tips that any traveler should know:
1. Research Destination. For obvious reasons, you should know to what destination you are heading. To be precise, learn about destination's culture, weather, history, and even religion. The more you know about your destination, the more productive your trip will be.
2. Who Else Is Coming. If you happen to travel with a tour operator, you might be able to find out who else is coming to your trip. For example, the Above Zest tour operator allows tour participants to see the other travelers who come to their trip and possibly socialize together through its website and/or mobile App (read "Who Else Is Coming To My Trip/Event" for details).
3. Passport And Identity Cards. Make enough time for getting a Visa entry to your destination country, if it is required. Also, keep your identity cards up-to-date.
4. Health Insurance. To be on the safe side, you must take the health insurance seriously. Also, you should review your health provider coverage and plan on your destination country.
5. Extra Options Matters. It is advisable to have extra options or backups for stuffs that are important during your trip. Specifically, it is good to have extra prescription glasses, extra jacket, extra prescription drugs, etc.
6. What To Pack. Unfortunately, there is no black and white answer to the question of "What to pack for my trip?" You should travel a lot to learn its rope. Nevertheless, as a rule of thumb, you should pack only essential things or pack light. The volume of your packing may vary depending on: 1. Length of stay, 2. Destination weather, 3. Type of lodging (staying at a friend's house, tent, or hotel), 4. Purpose of trip (whether its a family vacation or a business trip), 5. Main trip activities (outdoor, indoor, etc), 6. Methods of transportation (cruise, airplane, car, etc), and other factors.
7. Little Cash Plus Backup Cards. Depending on the destination country, you may be better off carrying little cash along with two credit, or debit, cards. You should put your cash and one credit card in a separate place than your backup credit card.
8. Emergency Info. You never know when and how you get stuck with situations beyond your control. Thus, you should write down on a piece of paper all the key names and numbers to reach at the time of emergency. To be on the safe side, make a copy of your emergency info sheet and keep it in a separate place.
9. Carry-on Bag. It is generally a good idea to keep your main trip documents, like hotel or cruise reservations, organized and handy. For the ease of access and higher security, you can put your important documents in a carry-on bag while watching it all the time.
10. Dried Foods. If you plan to drive a long way, or you expect to have a long outdoor excursion, it is better to carry some dried foods and imperishable items with you. Likewise, if your pet is accompanying you on your trip, you should set aside some foods for your pet.
Although the discussed ten tips may not be viewed as the final preparation guides, it can provide travelers with enough foresights for their next trip. My word of advice is that you should be open-minded, patient, curious, organized, and flexible to run the gamut of trip preparation. Therefore, any traveler should strive to possess the traveling skills sets in the horizon.