WEG2G is a group meet-up and networking social site that launched in the Spring of 2013. It stands for "We Go Together, We Get Together, and We Group Together." It mainly fills the gap between online social sites and online dating sites. At WEG2G, users can have both a user profile and group profile (or group identity). Without further due, I present thirty features of WEG2G that one should not miss:
1. Variety of invitation options. You can invite your friends via Facebook, Email account (Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo), or mailing list.
2. Public or specific search options. You can search public or search as a member. There are lots of search options available to logged in users such as search members by name or email, search group profiles (basic and advance), search plans (basic and advance), search events (basic and advance).
3. Group profile. After adding a few connections (friends), then you can create a group and invite your best friends to join. The person who creates the group will be the group lead and will be responsible for all group activities. The minimum and maximum group sizes are 2 and 4 people, respectively. Members may join or leave a group. At any given time, a WEG2G user can only be in one group. After a group is created, and all members are confirmed, the group profile will become active.
4. Newsfeed. After logging in to WEG2G, you can view your newsfeed or the updated news of all activities that took place since your last logout. Specifically, you will be getting news about:
a. A new connection sends/accepts the friendship request.
b. Group join request is submitted.
c. A new plan is posted by your group.
d. Your group lead has joined/accepted another group plan.
e. You are invited to an event.
f. You have been matched up successfully.
5. Plans. Plans are simply appointments in which two group meets each other. A group lead can post a plan (for instance, for three hours on Friday night will be happy hour at the Good Boy nightclub), and his/her friends can view or join it. Only group leads can post or join a plan. Plans have a length, date, time, type, purpose, locations, and other attributes. Read "G2G Plans: What Are They?" for details. A group can not have two plans at the same date and time.
Continuing in Part 2.