1. How is Above Zest different from other tour operator companies?
View What I Get page for more info
2. What types of tour do you offer?
We mainly organize trips for high school students, college students, and young adults.
3. Can adults and students go on a tour together?
No, all tours are exclusive to their group age. However, depending on the destination, we may aggregate adults and students.
4. What is the minimum age for getting on your tour?
The minimum acceptable age is 14 y/o.
5. How frequently do you have tours?
We organize over 60 tours per year.
6. What activities do you usually have on your tours?
Depending on a tour, we may offer most of the following activities: comprehensive sight-seeing, swimming in clean, safe, and cozy beaches, hiking, mountain climbing, adventure trips, history exploration, educational trips, and many more.
7. What is the average number of participants on a tour?
It varies form trip to trip. The average number of young alumni, college students, and high school students on each tour is 10, 20, and 15 persons respectively.
8. Why are there many people on my tour?
To tap the large group synergies and cost reductions per tour participants. For example, on some trips, we reserve an airplane where all participants have more flexibility, safety, and fun, all of which comes at a lower cost.
9. What are the main targeted destinations?
We are dedicated to exploring more exciting and unique destinations, like Hawaii, at five continents, like East Asia, South America, Europe, Africa, and Australia. Go to the Destination Guide to find more.
10. Is it mandatory to have travel insurance?
No, we highly suggest taking our travel insurance plan supplement for all trips outside the USA.
11. I’m living outside MD, DC, or VA. Can I be qualified for your tour programs?
12. How in advance should I purchase my tour ticket?
It varies from one tour to another. It’s advisable to book your tour ticket at least two-three months in advance to reap the benefit of our low advance ticket prices.
13. Can I place an Open Order and confirm my tour ticket later on?
Yes, absolutely! Most of our tour tickets are available for well-in-advance booking. To do so, go to our main tour page and locate tours with the Open Order option. Keep in mind that there is a time lag between placing an Open Order and confirming your order, as if your unconfirmed order shall be expired after the given time lag.
14. Do you have any flexible financing plan for students?
Yes, we have a flexible financing plan for students. Check out our Flexible Payment plans tailored into our individual student tour for details.
15. What booking methods do you have?
We usually offer three forms of booking: Open Order booking, Advance Purchase, and Late Purchase. You should read our Tour Terms and Tour Policies pertinent to each individual tour for details.
16. Do I need to have my parents or legal guardian sign the Parent Permission Form to go on your tours?
Except for young alumni, all other travelers have to submit their signed and completed Parent Permission Form (either online or via our PDF form) at least a few months before the tour departure. Failure to do so shall be deemed as a cancellation of your tour ticket.
17. What cancellation and refund policies do you have?
Check our Tour Policies for details.
18. I have a family issue, and I can’t use my tour ticket. Can I transfer my tour ticket to another person?
19. What policies do you have regarding being on a waitlist?
Although we do not offer any waitlist, you can locate all out tour tickets available for sale from our Ticket Mall.
20. How can I view/manage my tour transactions?
Go to My Account
21. How can I contact Above Zest for my other specific tour questions?
Go to Get-in-touch